FW: RIP - Dave Maynard

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Fri Feb 10 14:25:27 EST 2012

On 2/10/2012 11:47 AM, Kevin Vahey wrote:
> In the Top 40 days I never heard Dave that much because I was in school
> when he was on air. But I always looked forward to his Sunday morning
> countdown show which I was told years later that when American Top 40 began
> in 1970 they listened to old WBZ tapes as Dave used to do stories to fill
> the 3 hours.

That is the shame about all of the "old timers" dying off-- so many of
their great stories were never recorded, and we will lose those memories
unless somebody thought to either write them down or record them.
That's why I always have enjoyed interview programs like Jordan Rich or
Steve Leveille where the veteran performers sometimes come on the air to
reminisce.  Brings back a lot of memories about what we've lost and what
radio still means to many of us.