End of a Remarkable Career

Chuck Igo Chuckigo@maine.rr.com
Fri Dec 14 11:33:28 EST 2012

I'd be remiss if I didn't share that Maine's Dean of Radio News hangs up his
cans today (12/14/12) after SIXTY (60!) Years.

    Mike Audet, who started at WTVL as a 14 year old kid hosting an (unpaid)
kids' news show and started on the air at age 16 on a regular basis, then
worked his way around through Skowhegan, Bangor and then Portland, is
calling it a day.  I have to say he is one of THE most enjoyable radio guys
with whom I've ever had the pleasure of working, and I've had that pleasure
off-and-on over the past 33 years.

I love that he was able to make a career doing what he loves, and did so
with very solid roots (home, family) along the way.

Mike - our mics will be that much the poorer for not sending out your dulcet
tones in the years to come, buddy.

It's not much, but he took a few minutes this morning to hop on with me to
allow me to say thanks and farewell - here's the link:

https://soundcloud.com/chuckigo/mike-audet-says-so-long-on

--Chuck Igo