doings at 680, 1510?

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Tue Aug 7 11:15:58 EDT 2012

On 8/7/2012 10:59 AM, Bob Nelson wrote:
> I'll admit my view of Gross may be from a couple clips Laura Ingraham
> once played of her show: one had her fawning over Al Franken
> (pre-Senate) as a guest, the other had her going after Bill O'Reilly
> hard when he was on with her. (And like anything in politics it
> depends on where you're coming from; the far right does not consider
> O'Reilly conservative, believe it or not!) And I haven't quite checked
> out Talk of the Nation.

Perhaps I'm unusual, but I like to spend some time understanding what it
is I'm opining about, before I start opining about it at any length and
expecting anyone to give the slightest credence to what I think.

Even if your schedule doesn't allow you to hear Fresh Air (1 PM on WBUR,
2 PM on WGBH) or ToTN (2 PM on WBUR) over the air, both shows offer
extensive podcasts. (It should be noted as well that ToTN's regular
host, Neal Conan, is on vacation this week.)

To form an opinion about Terry Gross based on "a couple clips Laura
Ingraham once played of her show" would have as much validity, it seems
to me, as forming an opinion about Bill O'Reilly based on watching an
episode of Stephen Colbert, or forming an opinion about Rush Limbaugh
based on one Rachel Maddow commentary.