R.I.P Steve Fredericks

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 18:44:39 EDT 2012

I met the girl from Brookline - who would become Steve's wife. Steve would
have gone to Chicoutimi if need be.

Geoff Fox remembers the Steve from Boston.

http://www.geofffox.com/MT/archives/2012/04/10/on-the-passing-of-steve-fredericks.php

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com> wrote:

> it was asked--
>
>>> Isn't leaving historic icon WCAU...to go to Mac Richmond's WMEX for
>>> a late night talk show a step down?
>>>

> Actually no, back then.  Mac had come from Philly, where he ran an ad
agency (with offices in DC as well, if I recall correctly); it was while in
Philly that he heard and later recruited Jerry Williams; and Mac still had
a lot of contacts in that area of the country.  Working at WMEX was still
seen as a good career move because being a talk host in Boston was very
high-visibility, and usually got you lots of publicity.  And while I am not
accusing the late Mr Fredericks of anything, Dan is correct in mentioning
being clean and sober.  Some career moves were fueled by needing to get out
of a market and start again somewhere else, often as a result of drug or
alcohol problems.  It was the industry's dirty little secret and few
discussed it.