WEEI-FM 93.7

Sean Smyth ssmyth@psualum.com
Tue Sep 13 11:36:26 EDT 2011

Bob Nelson writes:
> I did hear a bit of Jason Smith, ESPN all night...uptempo delivery, humor, sports highlights etc.
> Some are saying not everyone would be into ESPN talk shows, but certainly if Entercom doesn't
> want local talk past midnight, ESPN is not bad to run.

The problem with WEEI dropping Fox was that J.T. The Brick's show was about as local as you can
get for "syndicated." Probably half the callers were from WEEI.

> Ent. doesn't put Mike there you wonder if another company might consider a Mike-like format,
> but whom? (Prob. not Clear Channel who do fine with Kiss and Jam'n)

Seems like the obvious answer would be WBOS. They've been relatively stable for a couple years
now, but in the past 92.9 reinvented itself every 16 months or so, it seems.