WQPH Correction I Sent And Reply From Lowell Sun

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Tue Oct 25 18:01:09 EDT 2011

On 10/25/2011 5:57 PM, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> No.  For many years now, it has not been possible to get through
> primary school, never mind high school, without at least basic
> knowledge of the metric system (which is, after all, the official
> system of units of measure in the United States, not to mention every
> other country in the world).

I consulted with the closest available eight-year-old at my disposal,
and she tells me that they did a little very basic work with the metric
system last year in second grade, but have not done so yet this year in
third grade, though they are doing measurements in inches and feet and
yards right now.