WQPH Correction I Sent And Reply From Lowell Sun

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Tue Oct 25 17:57:44 EDT 2011

<<On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 15:49:40 -0400, "A. Joseph Ross" <joe@attorneyross.com> said:

> On 10/25/2011 11:47 AM, Garrett Wollman wrote:
>> <<On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 08:44:28 -0400, "Dan.Strassberg"<dan.strassberg@att.net>  said:
>>
>>> Every field has its own lexicon; the polyglot of "members-only"
>>> languages seems to fulfill a human need to be members of a group from
>>> which non-members are excluded.
>> However, the metric system is not one of those things.

> No?

No.  For many years now, it has not been possible to get through
primary school, never mind high school, without at least basic
knowledge of the metric system (which is, after all, the official
system of units of measure in the United States, not to mention every
other country in the world).

-GAWollman