WQPH Correction I Sent And Reply From Lowell Sun

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Tue Oct 25 15:49:40 EDT 2011

On 10/25/2011 11:47 AM, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> <<On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 08:44:28 -0400, "Dan.Strassberg"<dan.strassberg@att.net>  said:
>
>> Every field has its own lexicon; the polyglot of "members-only"
>> languages seems to fulfill a human need to be members of a group from
>> which non-members are excluded.
> However, the metric system is not one of those things.

No?  It was originally started during the French Revolution, by the same
people who also created the Revolutionary calendar, which had its own
months and ten-day "weeks," with a day of rest every tenth day.  Which,
among other things, excluded everyone whose religion required them to
observe a day of rest every seventh day.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.             617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700       Fax: 617.507.7856