How does radio in 2011 deal with this?

Richard Chonak rac@gabrielmass.com
Wed Mar 16 02:00:00 EDT 2011

I don't think it matters whether there's some linguistic pattern among
the vulgar and polite words.  That doesn't invalidate their
categorization as vulgar or polite.  Like all language, such
categorization is a social convention.   In a medium of social
communication, there is good reason to acknowledge the favored or
disfavored status of words, much as we acknowledge the standard or
marginal status of word spellings and pronunciations.

--RC