How does radio in 2011 deal with this?

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Wed Mar 16 00:41:38 EDT 2011

On 3/15/2011 1:06 PM, Doug Drown wrote:

> The word in question, however vulgar and reprehensible, is so
> ubiquitous nowadays that to censor it is almost tantamount to
> pretending it doesn't exist.  What's needed, perhaps, is a reasoned
> public dialogue on the coarsening of American culture (which, in all
> probability, will be largely ignored).
> Sadly, yeah, I can envision the FCC waving the white flag.     -Doug

Oh come on, vulgar and reprehensible.  "Vulgar" words are simply the
short, Anglo-Saxon words for certain bodily functions and parts.  Words
of Latin origin with the exact same meanings are "polite."  It's a
remnant of the period following the Norman conquest of England, when the
language of the ruling class was "polite" and the language of the common
people was "vulgar."

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                     617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700          Fax: 617.507.7856