Rush Radio rebrands as Boston Talk 1200

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Tue Mar 8 17:11:39 EST 2011

<<On Tue, 8 Mar 2011 06:13:13 -0500, Bob DeMattia <bob.bosra@demattia.net> said:

> Adding to Bob's description: You wear the meter like a pager.  The meter has
> a microphone and listens
> for data embedded in the program audio.  Each station has a unique
> ID.

Not just each station, but each delivery channel.  The PPM knows if
you're listening to analog AM or FM, HD, Sirius XM, or streaming.  For
the original PPM tests -- not sure if they are still doing it --
Arbitron also gave encoders to in-house music services like those
operated by Target and shopping malls, as well as private multiclient
music services like Muzak.  I would not be surprised if there were
also a mechanism for advertisers to add Arbitron encoding to their
ads, so they can audit their spot buys.

-GAWollman