Rush Radio rebrands as Boston Talk 1200

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Tue Mar 8 08:57:33 EST 2011

Adding to the two Bobs:

You also need to remember what these two systems actually measure:

Diaries measure recall, and as we're finding out with talk stations, are subject to falsification.
PPMs measure exposure, and give exactly the same weight to the avid Red Sox fan listening intently to every play on WEEI and the person in a doctor's waiting room with WODS barely audible in the background.  They do, however, eliminate the falsification factor.

There is nothing currently available that will measure whether someone is actually paying attention to what's on the radio...and probably won't ever be, unless Arbitron panel members start having cybernetic implants installed.  For advertisers, listeners' attention to their message is the whole enchilada.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manage, Entercom Boston LLC
20 Guest St / 3d Floor
Boston MA 02135-2040