Jay Dunn...Put the coffee on

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Tue Mar 8 00:40:01 EST 2011

On 3/7/2011 11:08 PM, Doug Drown wrote:

> You are indeed correct. BTW:  Does anyone know why 'BZ, during the
> Sixties, began and ended its daytime programs on the half-hour rather
> than the hour?  I always thought that was peculiar.   -Doug

I don't know why they did it, but I know why I liked it.  I thought it
gave a little more sense of a boundary between one show and the next.
Other stations, such as WCOP and WMEX, started the new show at the top
of the hour, after a break for the news.  That way, the whole day seemed
more like one continuous show.  Having one show end, then an ID, and
then the next show start, had a bit more of a delineation between one
show and a bit more of the flavor of old-time radio.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                     617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700          Fax: 617.507.7856