Potential aux sites for WBZ

Paul Hopfgarten paul@derrynh.net
Sat Jun 25 02:11:36 EDT 2011

Not radio...but I scared the crap out of my now ex wife went we went to
Bermuda on our honeymoon in 1990. We were each going to rent a moped but she
couldn't get the hang of it so she rode on the back of mine and I was
whipping up and down the roads dodging in and out of Hamilton "traffic" such
that it was! Scared the crap out of her.....and NO that's not what caused
the divorce <G>

-----Original Message-----
From: A Joseph Ross
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2011 11:14 PM
To: boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org
Subject: Re: Potential aux sites for WBZ

On 6/17/2011 12:27 AM, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> (FWIW, Bermuda never signed on to any of the newer agreements, so WPTR
> still protects ZNS1 under the old NARBA rules for class I-B stations.)

When I was in Bermuda in 1966, the two island radio stations were ZBM
and ZFB.  I believe ZFB was brand new at the time.  I think ZBM may have
operated on two frequencies, but I don't remember what they were, but if
WPTR has to protect ZNS1, I'm guessing that ZNS must be the former ZBM
and that ZNS1 is one of the frequencies on which ZBM operated in 1966.

Incidentally, one night, as I was pulling out of a restaurant parking
lot at 1 AM on my rented moped, a VW pulled up next to me, and I clearly
heard the WBZ news on the car's radio.  It sounded like a local.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                     617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700          Fax: 617.507.7856