How much longer will WBZ stay at 1170 SFR?

Mike Ward mward@iname.com
Mon Jun 13 16:39:38 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 3:43 PM, Scott Fybush <scott@fybush.com> wrote:

> For whatever reason, CBS corporate just seems to believe in keeping things
> separate - even in San Francisco and NYC, there's no physical connection
> between the radio and TV plants in the same building.

In San Francisco, KCBS used to be up in one of the Embarcadero towers.

They moved it in with KPIX on Battery, and you are 100%
correct...there is NO physical connection between the KCBS and KPIX
facilities.  Each has separate news and operations areas, and there
MAY be a way to get between them in the halls by going past the front
desk.

But you could spend the day on Battery visiting KCBS, like I did some
time ago, and not even REALIZE that a TV station is in the building.

Oddly enough, there is some collaboration on-air between the two,
mostly feature stuff, at least one reporter who works on both sides,
and KPIX does off-hours weather for KCBS, but NO physical connection
other than the walls they share.