How much longer will WBZ stay at 1170 SFR?

Dale H. Cook radiotest@plymouthcolony.net
Mon Jun 13 16:28:23 EDT 2011

At 03:43 PM 6/13/2011, Scott Fybush wrote:

>In the case of a directional, like WBZ, a fairly simple modification
>of the phasor would allow them to run ND into one tower while
>working on the other.

With a little preparation that can be done without a phasor
modification. I've gone in during the experimental period with a
bridge, manufactured the needed jumpers, and recorded the crank
positions (and all other necessary information) to run non-D on
either tower (or, at one station, either of two selected towers in a
5-tower array). A little work in advance makes it possible to set up
non-D for work on any tower.

That came in handy a few years ago when a storm brought down one of
two towers at a client station. I was able to get them back on
quickly at 25% of their nominal power non-D (which is exactly what we
were given in the subsequent STA).

Dale H. Cook, Contract Engineer, Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA
http://plymouthcolony.net/starcityeng/index.html