Radio never warned me (regarding Spfld tornado)

Chuck Igo chuckigo@maine.rr.com
Sat Jun 11 19:40:00 EDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Vahey" <kvahey@gmail.com>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan.Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net>
(snip snip here, snip snip there ... and a couple of fah-di-lahs... note the
trite tornado tie-in)

With all due respect to my dear bud Kevin (et al) -

You may not be able to " plan for a tornado or earthquake... "   but "bleep"
happens.
Advertisers DO agree to per-play sponsorships of Storm Related information.
On the stations with whom I've been employed, now more than (oh gawd help
me) 30 years - EVERY SINGLE ONE - we have "Storm Center" sponsors that
agree, annually, to a "sponsorship" for each instance of "storm coverage."
Snow, Hurricane, Flood - what have you.
 Just sayin' - It IS  a regular practice on radio.  So Bill O may be
slightly cracked, warped and demented in that way in which we love him so...
but not in regard to his "out of the box" yet "in the box" thinking.

--Chuck Igo