WCRB to simulcast on 88.7 in R.I.

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Fri Jun 3 13:24:39 EDT 2011

You seem certain that the HD-1/analog signal will be the student run station while classical WCRB will be put on the HD 2, but the link you included (second one) make sit seem like classical gets the main signal
 while student radio is on the HD2:

 That sounds like: student radio on HD2, webstreams, smartphones, etc. and thus WCRB on the main signal. You said:

 >> There is no way Bryant's students (nor their alums) would allow the current student format to be displaced from the main 88.7 signal; there's a pretty serious communications curriculum at Bryant.
 Still not sure what station will wind up where. The link also quotes a WGBH official as saying "We're delighted to be working with Bryant University and its students as they move from over-the-air broadcast to new and emerging digital audio services for their listeners." You may be right--maybe WCRB winds up on the HD2,
 but these tidbits don't make it sound like that's the case...