WCOP

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sun Jul 24 03:32:27 EDT 2011

Joe Ross said--
> One of them was Paul Knight, who lived in Bedford, and we got him to
> host a record hop or two at Bedford High.  I think there was also a
> Bill Clark.

Yes, at one point, Paul Knight did a show called Paul Knight in the
All-Night.  And yes, there was indeed a Bill Clark at WCOP in the
mid-50s.  Those were the days of nondescript house-names, when d.j.'s
were not allowed to use a name that sounded ethnic.  That's why Arnie
Ginsburg was so unusual.  Everyone else was John Scott or Bill Clark,
but Arnie wouldn't change his name.