WCOP

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sun Jul 24 23:16:11 EDT 2011

On 7/24/2011 3:32 AM, Donna Halper wrote:

> Yes, at one point, Paul Knight did a show called Paul Knight in the
> All-Night.  And yes, there was indeed a Bill Clark at WCOP in the
> mid-50s.  Those were the days of nondescript house-names, when d.j.'s
> were not allowed to use a name that sounded ethnic.  That's why Arnie
> Ginsburg was so unusual.  Everyone else was John Scott or Bill Clark,
> but Arnie wouldn't change his name.

I remember Paul Knight having two daytime airshifts, one earlier and one
later.  In those days each DJ had a jingle to open his own show, and
Paul Knight had two different ones, one for each shift.  And with very
little provocation, I can still sing both of them, at least in part.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                     617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700          Fax: 617.507.7856