WCOP

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sat Jul 23 20:20:18 EDT 2011

On 7/23/2011 6:23 PM, Cohasset / Hippisley wrote:

> WCOP was one of my two most-listened-to stations when I was in the East Campus dorms at MIT '58-'62.  (The other was then-WTBS, naturally. WMEX was third because they didn't come in very well a lot of the time.)

In the mid 50s, WCOP was a well-regarded top-40, and had a great weekly
survey.  I still have a couple of those surveys lying around somewhere,
even after all these years.  In 1957, the air staff included Jim Dixon
(was he not Jim Brokaw in real life?) and Tom Evans (aka Neil Mack) but
I vaguely recall some other jocks I listened to on that station.