Could News Corp lose right to broadcast in the US

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 12:16:50 EDT 2011

There was no room for error - WCBS would go black a half second before the hour gong.

When WNAC took over CBS they had a semi-automated Northern Electric switcher that had problems with it....another problem was a switcher could not trust the Western Union clock second hand but wait for red light signal at the hour.

ABC would feed WABC in off time just to send something down the telco line. I don't know what NBC did.
------Original Message------
From: Don
To: Kevin Vahey
To: TVNETDUDE@aol.com
To: boston-radio-interest@tsornin.bostonradio.org
To: sid@wrko.com
Subject: Re: Could News Corp lose right to broadcast in the US
Sent: Jul 21, 2011 11:41 AM

 There was a time that Black Rock considered WCBS-TV the network. ABC and
NBC at least went black during local breaks - CBS kept feeding channel 2.
<<

You know, now that you mention it...growing up in Boston, there was a couple
of times I saw a WCBS-TV ID go over the air in Boston.  This was probably
the 1970's.  I always wondered why that was.  Now I think I know.