Funny skit end I never noticed before

Paul Hopfgarten paul@derrynh.net
Thu Feb 17 22:32:07 EST 2011

There's certainly always been a fairly strong Boston influence on SNL, but I had to laugh tonight...

There was a skit in 2006(?) when Dru Barrymore was the guest host and she along with Mya Rudolph, Kristen Wiig and Amy Poehler (was the best of Poehler show) were doing a home exercise tape on a crappy deteriorating VHS tape....

The funny part (I never previously noticed) was at the end of the tape when they give the credits, saying 1986....etc....at the bottom of the frame said WGBH Boston and I cracked up! Maybe a writer at that time had previously worked at GBH...

-Paul Hopfgarten