WCAP partners take station battle to court

billohno@gmail.com billohno@gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 14:12:30 EST 2011

On 2/4/2011 1:14 PM, Don A wrote:
> I could see why this would get other owners upset if he is refusing to
> take part in the day to day operations (and getting a salary?)

I've not been involved with the station for nearly a decade but despite
that it pains me to see this happening. It does go on to reinforce one
thing: the Cohens, who founded and owned WCAP until this current
configuration, managed to work things out privately.

Radio is an advertising business and sales are predicated upon positive
results for the payor. If WCAP's financial inflows are not at least
meeting the outflows and a financial crisis is fomenting this, then the
sales guy's job just got a little tougher.

I all seems counterintuitive unless this is all a dance rehearsal for a
date with the bank.

Bill O'Neill