Some thoughts on local HD radio

Jeff Lehmann jjlehmann@comcast.net
Fri Aug 12 06:54:04 EDT 2011

> The think I like most about my Sony XDR-F1HD is that it's a *hot* FM
> tuner, HD or no.  I take it on trips for airchecking.

It's a real shame that Sony discontinued this line of tuners/radios. The
selectivity on these things for DX is unbelievable. I have the XDR-S3HD,
which is the same tuner inside a "clock radio" with speakers that have
excellent sound. I bring it on trips all the time as well... wish I could
find another one for a good price, but the prices on all of these radios
have skyrocketed on ebay.

Jeff Lehmann
Hanson, MA