Some thoughts on local HD radio

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Thu Aug 11 23:34:54 EDT 2011

<<On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 14:24:11 -0400, "Jim Hall" <aerie.ma@comcast.net> said:

> The thing I like best about my two Sony HD table radios is that,
> aside from AM simulcasts, most HD2/3 stations are still (probably
> not by choice) "commercial free". Some of the programming is
> admittedly "niche" programming that would not (or did not) do well
> on an analog FM station. But it's nice to have it available.

The think I like most about my Sony XDR-F1HD is that it's a *hot* FM
tuner, HD or no.  I take it on trips for airchecking.

I do have the Sangean component HD tuner downstairs in the living
room, where having HD really helps to pull out decent audio from the
multipathy Boston FMs (WGBH in particular).

-GAWollman