Some thoughts on local HD radio

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Thu Aug 11 15:03:43 EDT 2011

Right... The "decades" channels on XM are pretty popular--ad free, and it's neat to hear stuff like old 70s countdowns of American Top 40, with no commercial interruptions.

 I listened to Rush for a moment on WXKS 1200 in my car and when they went into an ad break they had an liner saying "WXKS HD 2 at 107.9, Talk 1200 is on HD radio" or something like it (a promo for that).

----- Original Message -----
From: Jim Hall
Sent: 08/11/11 02:24 PM
To: boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org
Subject: RE: Some thoughts on local HD radio

 The thing I like best about my two Sony HD table radios is that, aside from AM simulcasts, most HD2/3 stations are still (probably not by choice) "commercial free". Some of the programming is admittedly "niche" programming that would not (or did not) do well on an analog FM station. But it's nice to have it available.