Most expensive thing I have ever won from a radio station

Lou lspin@comcast.net
Wed Aug 3 10:32:18 EDT 2011

Growing up in The North End and being a radio enthusiast, I'd take the occasional walk to Commercial Wharf where the WJIB (FM 97) studios were located in the early 70s.  Dave Supple worked there for a time.  He did some of the craziest stuff, like dancing wildly, while the JIB-music records were playing.  I'm sure he was hamming it up for my benefit, but you knew that he was just a bit askew of the stuffy-sounding announcers from JIB in those days.

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org [mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of Bill O'Neill

Supple was amazing, indeed. (Anyone know how Dave is doing?) He often repeated himself on rapid fire fashion, e.g. "Dave Supple, Dave Supple reminding you to write it down write it down write it down." He'd toss I'm the occasional wrap up to his breathless rant with, "... We loooovvve you...." Still cracks me up to think about how nuts that guy really was even seeimg him in the studio or the mobile unit out on remotes. Didn't' seem to matter to Supp.
Bill O'Neill Bill O'Neill Bill O'Neill.....