Most expensive thing I have ever won from a radio station

Bill O'Neill billohno@gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 23:23:43 EDT 2011

Supple was amazing, indeed. (Anyone know how Dave is doing?) He often repeated himself on rapid fire fashion, e.g. "Dave Supple, Dave Supple reminding you to write it down write it down write it down." He'd toss I'm the occasional wrap up to his breathless rant with, "... We loooovvve you...." Still cracks me up to think about how nuts that guy really was even seeimg him in the studio or the mobile unit out on remotes. Didn't' seem to matter to Supp.
Bill O'Neill Bill O'Neill Bill O'Neill.....

From: Karen McTrotsky <karenmctrotsky@gmail.com>
Sent: Wed Jul 27 13:31:57 EDT 2011
To: boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org
Subject: re: Most expensive thing I have ever won from a radio station

The WHDH Cash Call (nee: HDH Payphone) was indeed the best promotion in the
history of the market -- on many fronts

It was great because it got every at-home diary and it got every at-home
diary because the execution was even better than the contest.

"2,314 dollars is the HDH Cash Call amount, WRITE IT DOWN we may be calling
you" Supple was especially good at selling it.

And since the listeners were writing down an amount right around the quarter
hour, wouldn't you know they'd pick up the diary at the same time and fill
THAT in as well. For the current quarter hour. And for the quarter hour
before that, and the one before that.

Execution of that contest, and Blair's continuation of the station's
historic emphasis on Boston and the inner suburbs drove them to #1 in the
time around the Blizzard of 78

Karen McT