WBUR lashes out at WGBH

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sun Apr 17 00:22:57 EDT 2011

At 11:05 PM 4/16/2011, Dan.Strassberg wrote:
>If you read the article on which this thread is allegedly based, I
>think you will find that WBUR's new GM (what's his name--Kravitz?)
>didn't say (at least, didn't say to the reporter) what the posters
>here are saying he said. Somebody on this list misquoted him and, from
>there, what should have been a non-story seems to have acquired a life
>of its own.

Actually, yes he did say it, and I was present when he said it.  He
spoke at a panel discussion at the National Conference on Media
Reform last Friday in Boston, regarding the state of Boston
media.  He was on a panel with various representatives of Boston
stations, including Callie Crossley of WGBH, and it was to her that
he addressed the remarks, which I found rather surprising, to be
honest with you.  And I assume he has said them at other times as
well, since Johnny Diaz of the Globe seemed familiar with the comments.