WBUR lashes out at WGBH

Bob DeMattia bob.bosra@demattia.net
Sun Apr 17 00:08:23 EDT 2011

> On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 11:05 PM, Dan.Strassberg <dan.strassberg@att.net>
wrote:

> If you read the article on which this thread is allegedly based, I
> think you will find that WBUR's new GM (what's his name--Kravitz?)
> didn't say (at least, didn't say to the reporter) what the posters
> here are saying he said

I DID read the article:

*“This marketplace did not need to have two public radio stations with the
same format,’’ said Charles J. Kravetz, WBUR’s new general manager.
Angry at facing competition that’s more common to commercial radio, Kravetz
accused WGBH of copying his station.
*

So while the original post paraphrased the article, I don't think it
distorted the meaning of what he said.
As for competition in public radio, I certainly hope that stations will
compete, otherwise, what will make them get any better?
Don't like that someone copied your format?  Losing listeners because of it
(arguable)?  Then do some innovation and win
them back, rather than whine about it.

-Bob