WEEI versus The Sports Hub (was: Entercom to buy WFNX?)

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sat Nov 27 15:19:45 EST 2010

At 03:12 PM 11/27/2010, Garrett Wollman wrote:

>So if they wanted to get into his position on a national college
>football championship, that's fair game, right?  (He cosponsored a
>bill when he was a senator which would have prohibited advertising any
>game as a "national championship" unless it was the championship game
>of a playoff.)

I have no issue with talking about Bush or Obama or anybody else for
that matter if it's related to sports.  Bush owned a baseball team,
Obama loves to play basketball, all  certainly fair game.  My issue
is when talkers on a sports station take the conversation into
political rants that are often hateful and in no way connected to
sports.  (I was consulting a country station a few months ago and
heard a syndicated talk show duo get off on a rant about the "fact"
that Obama is a Muslim-- now, please tell me what that has to do with sports.)