WNAC-TV 1981

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 20:58:15 EDT 2010

Uncle Gus had quite the following in the Boston area as well.

10 and 12 didn't really have an impact in Boston in those rabbit ear
days as the signals had problems getting past Great Blue Hill.

The old Channel 5 had the Red Sox, Bozo and Jack Hynes, Don Gillis.
They were the equal to 4.
The Saturday bowling show and Perry Mason at 5 made the jump to WCVB
as BBI wasn't stupid.

WNEV certainly tried but viewing habits were changing as cable came
along at the same time.

WNAC did leave one thing - as they were the first to use the news
theme that WPVI in Philly still uses today.