WNAC-TV 1981

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sun Jun 27 23:18:38 EDT 2010

On 27 Jun 2010 at 20:58, Kevin Vahey wrote:

> Uncle Gus had quite the following in the Boston area as well.
>
> 10 and 12 didn't really have an impact in Boston in those rabbit ear
> days as the signals had problems getting past Great Blue Hill.

Depends on when and where.  We used to get 10 and 12 in Bedford,
usually somewhat snowy, but sometimes reception was quite good.  9
and 11 came in like locals.

When I moved to Brookline, I lived in a basement apartment in
Coolidge Corner, and I couldn't get 9, 10, or 12 hardly at all.  Then
I moved to a 3rd floor apartment, two doors down the street, and got
9 and 10 quite well, 12 less so.  Since I moved to my present condo
in Washington Square, I haven't been able to get any of these -- when
I've tried to get signals over the air.