Red Sox TV and Radio ratings tanking

Dave Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Tue Jul 27 02:24:31 EDT 2010

Couple of interesting points.  WEEI had to bump 20 games from WEEI to
WRKO due to the Celtics playoff run.  I'm sure that had to hurt the
bottom line some.  Plus, most fans were following the Celtics and
Bruins at least through early June.  By the time those seasons were
over, the Sox were already plagued with the injury bug and the team
was fielding AAA-like lineups.  It's hard to muster up much excitement
with this year's team, especially when there were few player upgrades
from last year.  This year is a lost cause, but the team had better
beef up the lineup in the offseason or these media declines will
continue.  The fan base won't accept small market baseball.

Right now both WEEI and WRKO are not doing well.  Considering the Sox
rights fees, I can't see this working for much longer.  Eventually
Entercom will have to make some tough decisions with their cluster.

-Dave