Montreal's 690 and 940 to power down tonight

SteveOrdinetz hykker@wildblue.net
Sat Jan 30 17:33:20 EST 2010

revdoug1@myfairpoint.net wrote:

>CINW (940) is the successor to CFCF, Canada's first radio station,
>which Marconi Wireless put on the air in 1919.  The station's old TV
>counterpart, Channel 12, is still known as CFCF and is under
>separate ownership, I believe.

Wasn't the original CFCF on 600?  As a kid I remember listening to
their shortwave simulcast CFCX, I think I have a QSL from them.  A
number of Canadian stations had shortwave simulcasts back in the
60s/70s.  When did they pull the plug on them?