Air America, RIP

Bill O'Neill billohno@gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 16:32:34 EST 2010

Donna Halper wrote:
> It took Rush Limbaugh FIVE YEARS to become successful, yet progressive
> talk was expected to succeed in a year.  It took a massive amount of
> cash and big promotion (and pandering to a large and angry and
> "aggrieved" group of people) to get conservative talk off the ground.
Excellent point. I was at WCAP when Rush debuted there in the market
from then noon til two for a time before WHDH finally picked him up and
he went the third hour. (I believe it was 'HDH and not 'RKO but I could
be wrong about that.)

> And yes, it took the elimination of the Fairness Doctrine so that one
> viewpoint was allowed to predominate without any need to offer time to
> the other side.

A doctrine like that by any other name would still be controversial.
(Ducking under desk)

Bill O'Neill