Air America, RIP

Martin Waters martinjwaters@yahoo.com
Fri Jan 22 17:43:19 EST 2010

>Donna Halper wrote:
>I still say that the best progressive talkers will continue to make >money and get ratings in a number of cities.

   Stephanie Miller was shooting the wounded today, saying Talk America was loaded with people who had never done radio before, who were doing it to advance an agenda of their own, and that the company management knew nothing about radio when it started and then got dumber.

   The successful non-Air America liberal talk hosts and their staffs, according to Ms. Miller, are people who've been in radio, know how to do radio, know it has to be partly fun and funny, along with doing issues -- and will keep building their audiences.