Liberal Talk Where Art Thou? (was: Herald, BRW: 1200 to conservative talk...

Bill O'Neill billohno@gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 14:03:25 EST 2010

jibguy@aol.com wrote:
> On another note, the only reason why liberal-talk stations have not
> done well is that they have never gotten their act together. -
> Conservative talk stations usually have 4 things going for them;  (1)
> money,  (2) Texas, (3) close links with conservative lawmakers
> (Congress bought and paid for by conservative lobbyists [TelCom Act of
> 1996 & more]) and (4) religious concerns and religious wingnuts.
> Liberals don't have any effective motions on those 4 things.
That's where I disagree - (1) Money is the effect of success not the
cause.  (2) Texas - that excuse left the station. (3) Plenty of links to
liberal lawmakers (Congress bought and paid for by our generous
voluntary giving at tax time) and (4) Religious concerns - I know many
liberals who take umbrage to the suggestion that faith is co opted by
the right. And wingnuts among the religious are easy to unscrew from
their base and marginalized.

Bill O'Neill