DirecTV and WCVB (Hearst) at odds

marklaurence@mac.com marklaurence@mac.com
Wed Dec 15 18:07:08 EST 2010

On Dec 15, 2010, at 5:11 PM, John Francini wrote:

> These things ALWAYS get settled, eventually.  Telling the viewers
> about it is simply adding a whole bunch of heat (and not much light)
> to the situation.

I don't agree.  These negotiations are an attempt to grab cash from
cable TV subscribers who have been getting these over-the-air TV
stations for free since they went on the air.  The stations owe their
existence to their use of the public airwaves.  If I were calling my
cable company about this, I'd be telling them to stand up to the TV
stations and don't pay a cent.

Mark