Globe editorial calls FM radio "outdated technology"

Bob DeMattia bob.bosra@demattia.net
Mon Aug 23 16:14:47 EDT 2010

> To be sure, the NAB/RIAA deal is shady and the regulation is
> overreaching but it would be nice to see more North American service
> providers enabling FM on the handsets they subsidize.

I suppose a more reasonable solution would be to prohibit cell phone
providers / auto manufacturers / etc.
from restricting any features designed in by the manufacturer.  That way,
Apple, Motorola, Nokia, et. all could
decide what features they wanted to put in their products and consumers
could choose the product they want
without Verizon, AT&T, Ford, GM getting in the way.

But laws that follow common sense seem to be a rarity these days.

-Bob