Boxford pirate's coax cable cut

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Tue Sep 29 19:33:40 EDT 2009

<<On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 18:18:41 EDT, TVNETDUDE@aol.com said:

> There are a number of proposals in front of the FCC now for channels  5 and
> 6. (76 to 87mhz). The question would be who could afford to heat the air,
> except for an AM perhaps, for 5 or 10 years until the number of receivers
> sold  may make it profitable?

Not sure how that is relevant to my query about FM channel 200, which
is already part of the FM band and received by nearly all FM receivers
in existence today.

Interestingly, many receivers that I've seen can't tune down to 87.7
MHz, although they can receive 87.75 MHz when tuned to 87.9.  In
Europe, 87.7 MHz is part of the FM band, so the receivers there must
have it available.  (Much of Europe no longer uses Band I (VHF-low)
for television.)

-GAWollman