self supporting TV towers

Cohasset / Hippisley cohasset@frontiernet.net
Mon Sep 28 10:04:43 EDT 2009

On Sep 28, 2009, at 8:30 AM, Jim Hall wrote:

> I remember the Sunday Globe had a multi-page color insert about the
> new
> Channel 7 tower when it first went on the air. I wish I had saved
> it. I
> remember in one hurricane we had, Channel 7 put a camera underneath
> the
> tower and showed how much it was swaying in the breeze.

I was working for Honeywell in Needham Heights (or was it Newton Upper
Lower Middle Falls?) at the time.  We all parked in a big shared
parking lot adjacent to the then-new Channel 7 tower.  Probably the
most "exciting" breezy day for us was the day they painted the
tower....I believe there were lots of damage claims resulting from
that episode.

Bud Hippisley