WHMP on FM

Dale H. Cook radiotest@plymouthcolony.net
Mon Sep 14 19:05:03 EDT 2009

At 01:59 PM 9/14/2009, Laurence Glavin wrote:

>I seem to recall in another thread that stations
>usually don't have to identify translators on-the-hour.

That is correct, if the ID is aural. There are two ways to ID an FM translator:

1) Aurally, over-the-air, three times each day:
      a) Between 7 AM and 9 AM,
      b) Between 12:55 PM and 1:05 PM, and
      c) Between 4 PM and 6 PM

2) By Morse code hourly, by one of two methods:
      a) Frequency-shift-keying the carrier, or
      b) Amplitude modulating the carrier

Dale H. Cook, Chief Engineer, Centennial Broadcasting,
Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA - WZZI / WZZU / WLNI / WLEQ
http://plymouthcolony.net/starcity/starcity.html