WTKK's Jay Severin Suspended Indefinitely

Dave Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Fri May 1 17:31:59 EDT 2009

It might be.  If this was just listeners or special interest groups
complaining, I don't think there would be much of a problem.  However,
it's entirely possible that WTKK may have lost a few advertisers
because of it, and that may be driving this move.  With the changes
going on at the FCC concerning possible changes to localism standards,
Greater Media may be afraid that the station's license could be in
jeopardy if they don't appear to be addressing the issue.  This seems
to be a little more to this than just a promotional stunt.

-D