Mass Highway Radio Question - Vermont TIS/HAR LPFM

John Bolduc n1qgs@yahoo.com
Tue Mar 31 09:53:07 EDT 2009

Vermont uses Very Low power FM at their Rest Areas throughout the state at about 8 locations. They have brochures at the rest areas listing the purpose and frequencies. Same TIS/HAR type traffic.

There is one on I-91 northbound just north of the Mass border.  By time you merge back onto the highway leaving the rest area, the signal is gone! The audio quality, however, is top notch!

This info is over five years old, gathered when I was last at a Vermont rest area, but I believe it is still valid.

John B