Oldest religious broadcast?

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sun Mar 29 19:12:39 EDT 2009

At 02:19 PM 3/29/2009, Dan.Strassberg wrote:
>Now, my question is whether the first WSSH shared time with another
>station (WNAC most likely)?

Oh absolutely it shared time.  It went on the air in 1924 as WDBR,
and in 1926, changed call letters to WSSH, run by the Tremont Temple
Baptist Church.  The AM dial back then was incredibly crowded, so
stations regularly shared time, and they did not like doing so.  WSSH
had its frequency moved a couple of times, and it shared time with
WBET (owned by the Boston Evening Transcript), WLEX in Lexington
(before it moved to Boston), and briefly, WMAF down in So.
Dartmouth.  I don't see it sharing any time with WNAC however.