very thorough interview with Rachel Maddow

Dave Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Mon Mar 9 19:28:02 EDT 2009

That is not the case here in Worcester County with Charter Cable.  All
the cable news channels are grouped back to back, for the most part.
CNN on 41, HLN on 42, MSNBC on 43, CNBC on 44, Faux News on 45 and
NECN on 46.  The only quasi-news channel banished to the digital tier
is ABC News Now, which is just gosh awful. And it's not just news.
The basic cable kids channels are together, and the same goes for the
kids channels on the digital tier.  It works the same for sports as
well.  The outlets that tend to be spread around are the general
interest channels, like TBS, TNT, Discovery, FX, Lifetime, Bravo, TLC,
Style and such.  Even the Spanish language, religious and shopping
channels are pretty much all grouped together on one stretch of
channels that can be easily avoided.  I'm not the biggest Charter fan,
but it's a huge improvement over Comcast.  When I lived out toward 128
in Comcast country it was as you described.  As a viewer it was
frustrating to navigate and I could easily see channels getting "lost"
with them.  I would think that could be affecting viewership of MSNBC.

-Dave Tomm