very thorough interview with Rachel Maddow

Jim Hall aerie.ma@comcast.net
Mon Mar 9 18:57:24 EDT 2009

I wonder how many cable companies besides Comcast moved MSNBC from the
analog tier to the digital tier. MSNBC was on Channel 53 in most MA Comcast
towns, but was moved to Channel 251 last year (my own town has MSNBC on both
channels, but my mother's town closer to Boston lost it on 53 and only has
it on 251). FNC and CNN and CNN-HN remained where they were: it was only
MSNBC of the news channels that was moved. It would be interesting to know
if any drop in ratings coincided with the channel being moved. There seems
to be very little organization in the digital channels: you'll have a sports
channel next to a religious channel, next to a shopping channel, next to an
entertainment channel, so it's very easy for a channel to get "lost."