Limbaugh controversy good for his ratings, and ALL talk radio

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sat Mar 7 02:59:50 EST 2009

At 02:41 AM 3/7/2009, Bob Nelson wrote:
>TALKERS magazine reports that what with the Rush Limbaugh
>controversy, his ratings have skyrocketed
>from 14 to 25 million listeners. It could be just a temporary bump,
>with people checking him out, out
>of curiosity, [snip]

Or it could be a total exaggeration of how many listeners he has.  I
don't know of anyone, including Rush himself at the very height of
his success, who has 25 million listeners.  Even when he was the
biggest ever, the most he had (according to Arbitron figures)  was
about 20 million, if I recall.  So while he may indeed have gotten a
bump, he also may be doing just a tiny bit of spin-- as any good talk
show host will...